Mold on exterior primer

I primed some hardiboard last fall and let it go through the winter. There is some signs of mold. What is best procedure before priming and painting?
Thanks
Use bleach to kill it maybe a 25% mix in water, you probably need to reprime , many primers give 6 mo open time
<< I primed some hardiboard last fall and let it go through the winter. There is some signs of mold >>
How do you know its mold and not just common dirt, grunge, urban smog deposits, or some such?
<< What is best procedure before priming and painting? >>
Celebrate! Now you've got an excuse to buy the hottest yuppie toy, a power washer. <G>
But, if you have proven that it is in fact a mold growth, there are the usual remedies mentioned exhaustively in this newsgroup. For different approach I would clean it (scrub brush, power washer, whatever) and, if the area wasn't obscenely large, use a heat gun to thoroughly dry it, then continue the heat application to a fairly high surface temperature, say 270 F (which ought to kill mold spores dead as Hades), and as soon as it cooled to ambient, slap on a coat of primer, maybe with a mildewcide added. Meanwhile, discussing the problem with the hardiboard customer service people might elicit some helpful information. Perhaps the paint folks, too. Good luck.
Joe
Heat to 270 ? bubble the primer and ruin it more likely.