mold in softener brine tank

i just noticed what looks like mold growing in the water of our brine tank. i cleaned out the tank, refilled it with clean water, new salt and added some bleach. i had not been putting any bleach into the brine tank previously. two question: 1) should i periodically add a little bleach to the brine tank? and 2) is it likely that my softener tank contaminated with mold, and need some sort of cleanout? if yes, what is the reccommended procedure? thanks, bruce

tank.
some
If you have standing water in the brine tank that is probly the bigger problem and needs adressed at this point.
I would probly bleach the crap out of it, then vaccum up all the liquid brine out and discard it.
Then watch to be sure the unit picks up all the next batch of brine by suction on the next recycle.
--

SVL