mold in attic

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You have had some very good suggestions, especially from Jay and Mark.
I will suggest not adding power vents or gable vents unless you find that your current vents are too small for the area. Adding those other vents can actually aggravate the problem.
Also make sure the soffit vents are clear and not blocked with insulation.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
sometimes the problem is tricky,
my house faces south, in the winter the sun hits the front part of my inverted V roof but never hits the back part. I had some moist air leaking up from the bathroom into the attic and it would condense on the inside of the cold north facing roof. I sealed up the attic floor better, (there were some opening where you could actually feel the warm moist air rising into the attic) and added a passive side vent in the attic. You want cross ventilation in the attic and no air escaping from the house into the attic.
Bleach mixed with water kills the mold easily...spray it right onto the mold...
Mark
In the attic lies Voices scream Nothing's seen Real's a dream
Leaving the things that are real behind Leaving the things that you love from mind All of the things you learned from fears Nothing is left for the years
Voices scream Nothing's seen Real's a dream
(chorus) Mold! Mold! Mold in the attic Mold! Mold! Mold in the attic Mold! Mold! Mold in the attic Mold! Mold! Mold in the attic
Voices scream Nothing's seen Real's a dream
Leaving the things that are real behind Leaving the things that you love from mind All of the things you learned from fears Nothing is left for the years
Voices scream Nothing's seen Real's a dream
(repeat chorus) (yayayayayayayow!)