Mold cleanup

My home has tested with large quantities of mold and I need to wipe and mop all surfaces. I'd rather not use bleach. Hydrogen Peroxide 90% solution was recommended. 90% Hydrogen Peroxide (if you can even get it) is about a dangerous as rocket fuel from what I read. Does anyone know of a good liquid (or gas bomb) that will do the jpb??
TIA
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Define "large quantities of mold." Cleaning all of your surfaces is not likely to remove the source which is probably behind a wall or somewhere in the basement/crawlspace.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
said...

1300 cuniform units per liter of air.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
said...

I'll try to explain. I remediated a mold problem in the basement by removing the drywall. Now I find these high levels in the air upstairs. I do not know the source but I think it may be in the cracks of the hardwood floor, the radiators and the vents. I have top clean all this stuff including mopping the floors and wiping the walls and ceilings. The question is what to use.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
ascus4 wrote:

Put aside your 'rather nots' and use bleach. Not get to work. Ever heard of the www?
--
Liam


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The sure way is BURN IT Or Hire a cleaning crew, made service, whatever. Get a garden sprayer and 10- 30 gallons of bleach, yes , cheap bleach. Spray the basement walls with a 50% mix . Wash Floors with 15% mix Wash walls with ??? 15% mix . Stay at a hotel 2 nights, Laundry whites w/ bleach, Leave vent fans on . Retest. But one BIG problem , Your Panic.. I s it a bad form of mold, there are 1100 known so far, and only a few are toxic. Unless you and your family are health affected by the house or the drywall removal it may not be a problem, unless its defined as a " bad mold" stachybotris or other. It is passable . Mold is everywhere in life , its on you too. But I understand your concern. Id spray and vacate for a few days. Is it a new purchase, Because your furnace ducts are a concern, so is a better furnace filter. Dont get upset talk to your city or doctor , you dont want to panic , but you need information as to ' The Mold " what it is and how it will affect you
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It's pennicillum and cladosperium. Possibly some Stachybottrys but I'm not sure on that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Hydrogen peroxide is a poor disinfectant when compared to chlorine. 90% is not going to be available to you unless you're a chemist. Be cautious using any hydrogen peroxide more concentrated than about 10% since it will cause blindness is it gets in you eyes.
You'd be much better of using ozone if there is a real, not perceived, reason to forego chlorine. Otherwise use chlorine from an aqueous solution of sodium or calcium hypochlorite.
Boden
ascus4 wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.