Mold at window glass/vinyl interface

In the winter we get condensation on the windows which eventually leads to mold in the crevices where the glass and vinyl meet. This is a real problem at the latches which are hard to clean except with Q-tips, and even they do not get everything.
I have successfully used a mild bleach mix to kill the mold but is there anything that prevents it in the first place? This is strictly a winter problem.
If there is nothing that I can add to prevent it, what is the best mold cleaner for vinyl windows?
GA
"George Abbot" wrote

Good one! I've the same problem on some of my windows (older ones, not the new energy star ones). I'll be interested in the replies!

If moisture condenses on glass your humidity is to high. If you have a whole house humidifier that can easily happen, April Air makes a unit that tracks outside temp with a temp probe outside, you set the unit just below any condensation starts and it keeps it at the optimal humidity. Cheap windows can also condense easily. New windows are rated for condensing properties, CDF factor, Pellas are not real good in a new tight house, Anderaon are better.
ransley says...

Despite keeping the house as a whole at a good humidity, there's still a little consendation at the bottom of the bathroom windows. So part of my morning routine is to wipe up the condensation to leave a dry window. Marvin window, if it matters.
Banty
George Abbot wrote:

One additional major fact- we have steam heat which is the reason for most of the condensation. Plus, we keep the house cold at night. It is almost impossible to prevent condensation.
GA