Mold Abatement

I don't expect anyone to give me definitive answers here, but maybe you can point me to a good website or two.
I am on the board of a non-profit with a very serious mold problem.. They are getting all kinds of conflicting information... *The drywall and insulation has to be removed by workers in hazmat suits for $50,000. Then it must be decontaminated for another $50,000. *Naw, anyone can do it for $3,000. Then you just scrub it with bleach. *Why remove anything; you just saturate the building with ozone and kill everything. Then repaint.
There are even larger conflicts about how to prevent it in the future. Obviously they have limited resources.
So, if there is a good reference, I would be grateful.
toller wrote:

A few that I've found helpful: http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page1621.html#1639 http://www.moldreporter.org/vol1no3/chlorDio http://www.fiberlock.com/800600/gr/mrp.htm http://www3.sympatico.ca/ross.fraser/Richard9.htm http://alcor.concordia.ca/~raojw/crd/concept/concept000179.html http://www.skcinc.com/product.asp http://www.pennhealth.com/ency/article/000070.htm http://www.moldcheck.com/MoldCleanUp.asp http://www.molddamagecontrol.com/list.htm http://www.moldinspector.com/mold_removal.htm http://www.aehf.com/articles/molds.html http://www.ohiotoxicmold.com/tox_mold.htm http://www.uticaod.com/archive/2004/12/03/news/14189.html http://www.microbeguardinc.com/products.php?cat=1
Also, do a GOOGLE for: Mold + Remediation (That will hit a lot of fly-by-night sites but there is good info out there too.)
Jim
toller wrote:

You need to send a sample to a lab and identify the mold. If it is not Stachybotris (sp?), then there is definitely no need for all that decontamination bullshit. If it is Stachybotris, you need to be careful when you decontaminate it, and definitely wear good respirators.
Any "abatement service" who wants to do all that hazmat stuff without identifying the mold first should be disqualified immediately because they are crooks.
I suspect that anyone can take care of the problem, but there's more to it than just bleaching and painting over.
Best regards, Bob
Can`t give a site for you , but without fixing the cause first and being sure it is fixed why even think about cleaning. It will just come back. Ozone sounds interesting but you will need a big generator and how will it get behind the walls, unless you leave it on a week while the building is vacant. Fix the cause the mold will die, then consider what is needed.

Removal How do you get the molds out of buildings, including homes, schools, and places of employment? http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/airpollution/mold/stachy.htm
Prevention: Bora-Care http://www.nisuscorp.com/boracare.html