Moisture in Sears garage door opener sensors.

Had problem with door not closing giving indication of sensor blockage. Of course there was nothing physically blocking door sensors. After adjusting the sensor/emitter source position I was able to get the door working but it was intermittent. In desperation I tapped the sensor and emitter together using duct tape and noticed the moisture at that time. I ordered replacements. The opener was purchased last year and parts are supposed to be guaranteed for 5 years but that is only of replaced by Sears service. Our previous opener didn't have this sensor setup and we have no children around so I'm going without them till I can figure out how to better seal the new sensor/emitter. Was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and what was done?

Reply to
Patrick Casher