Moisture in crawl space area, need assist on vent fan.

We bought a house in Virginia Beach about a year ago & have had issues with moisture under the house in our crawl space; the clearance is about 30" under the house. As near as I can tell, there's nothing leaking and it's a poor ventilation issue. The crawl space has 7 vents to the outside, however due to poor design and how the house is laid out, there's no real cross ventilation. We do have plastic laid down (because Virginia Beach is built on a swamp and it's always damp under there). Anyway, my question is what type of fan should I get? It'll have to be one that fits in the vents that's already there... Thanks in advance for the advice. Randy

Reply to
Randy and Ann

New info, I've now had some folks tell me not to use a crawl space fan that will fit into one of the 7 vents and some to tell me TO use the fan... Very confused at this point, appriciate any assistance. Thanks, Randy

Reply to
Randy and Ann

Try these links: especially the first one

Crawlspace problems

We're in the mold business
Humidity Control
Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

Check HUMIDEX... Looks like it is only one effective solution on market...

Reply to
Aleksey Telyshev

I appreciate all the assistance and have done some more research via the internet, hard ware stores, etc. A couple facts: It's always wet in Virginia Beach with the water table being at only a few feet below surface level. It's not wet enough for a sump pump. The plastic vapor barrier needs fixed a little & some of the insulation is wet which will need replaced. I've also talked to a number of folks about the fan in one of the vents to the outside & have determined it's a bad idea. With the high humidity factor in Va Beach, it'll do more harm than good. I ran into another person at HD with the exact same problem. An under house fan of some type to circulate the air under there seems to be a good idea. It's only wet in places and half the crawl space is completely dry. No pipes are broken. I've also run into a couple of neighbors who have the same problem. It's starting to create a little mold and will wash it with a bleach solution. Any further suggestions are welcome and I greatly appreciate the info to date. Thanks a million. Randy

"Randy and Ann" wrote in message news:BL4Ne.50251$Ji.31091@lakeread02...

Reply to
Randy and Ann