Moisture behind wall, how to fix?

I have a rental house I am re-doing the bathroom on and I have stripped out the sheetrock and I find the lower edge of the wall is damp. The wood is sound; this is slab on grade construction, with a stucco finish.
I suspect that the moisture is wicking up from outside.
So what is the fix? Some sort of trench gravel thing or just pour a small concrete curb around the house?
--

Roger Shoaf

start by looking at the overall slope of the land. if thats the drainage point, where everything slopes to, you need to fix that first.
randy

This is a problem.
The lot is very flat. I don't have any puddles directly around the house but all the soil is soggy.
--

Roger Shoaf

Roger Shoaf wrote:

If this is the newer synthetic stucco, it has caused serious problems in many applications. Do a GOOGLE for: EIFS + stucco + problems (or similar search).
Jim

out
is
small
Not synthetic stucco, I have the real McCoy, three coat, put on by a guy named Guido, stucco.