Moisture barrier

I am installing a moisture barrier to the inside basement foundation from just above grade level to under the sub floor. How does one attach said moisture barrier (note: not "vapour barrier") to the poured concrete foundation and still allow moisture to rise and escape from the sills?
A single line of (thin) strapping nailed into the concrete, then the polly stapled to that? A dab of acoustic sealant every foot or so?
http://www.hydro.mb.ca/saving_with_ps/moisture_barrier_fig12.html
That looks like only construction adhesive holding the strapping on...
Andrew wrote:

Actually - looking closely at the diagram, it looks like a line of caulk and then the moisture barrier and THEN the strapping...
Andrew wrote:

I agree and the strapping appears to be nailed or screwed to the concrete.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Dia 's Muire duit, a's Pdraig.
OK - So I apply a bead of acoustic sealant to just above grade level, press the poly-whatever barrier in place and power-nail the Hell out of a 1x2x8 strapping on top of it? Crap! I have a mix of some fibreglass and some rigid foam insulation (which won't like the strapping)...
Go raibh mile maith agat!
Andrew wrote:

I feel your pain, but I don't have an answer to that one.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit