Moister Meters

Sound like your sales person doesnt know what he is talking about. Moidture meters measure moisture in wood or concrete.

Why do you need one, whose windows did you put in, what are the issues

Reply to
m Ransley

I find that most of the electronic meters are reasonably accurate and they usually are consistent.

The questions that comes to my mind is why did the sales person suggest you get a dehumidifier and moisture meter? I think this may be a more important issue.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I am not at all sure what you are getting at. Is it possible you are in the south, like Florida hurricane belt? Up north we seldom use acrylic windows and dehumidifiers are generally only needed for damp basements.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The home type digital humidity meters should be fairly accurate for everyday use. They are usually within about 5%. If you go to a professional unit that is very expensive, they can be accurate to better than one percent.

Reply to
Jerry G.

You can calibrate your hygrometer or at least see the accuracy of it. Take it in the bathroom and take a long steamy shower. The dial should be right at 100%. Then, just after the oven has cooled down to 100 degrees, place the unit in the oven. After 10 minutes it should read 0% or close to it.

Reply to
Phisherman

Does anyone know about the accuracy of electronic moisture meters. I have just had double glazing installed and the sales person said I should get a dehumidifier and moister meter. I have a hygrometer on an old barometer in the hall. John

Reply to
John H

Yes at 70% you will want a dehumidifier and will enjoy the results. That also may explain the term "moisture meter"

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
John H