Moen single shower handle

Had a problem with my old single handle for my Moen upright shower not completely turning off and the shower drips just a but. I replaced it with a new Moen kit and it was fine for a while but now it's doing the same thing the old one was. If I keep pushing on it it eventually will close enought to stop the water.
Can I use some kind of lubricant (silicone spray) to fix this or what does any of the pro's in here recommend. This thing has been driving me nuts lately.
Thanks.

What does the Moen web site recommend?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Never thought to check there. It says to replace the cartridge which should be a cheap part. Thanks for the tip.

some of the mfgrs. have a lifetime warranty, if you are the original purchaser of said valve, you might be able to get a cartridge from them for free
nate

All cartridges ARE FREE. My cousin works for them and they give them away. If the store is charging you... go to next hardware store!
cln blurted out in alt.home.repair:

Great to know, thanks everyone.

vavle that they sell. so i don't loose all credit here... I will check with the rep and post again...