moen shower cartridge #1225

I replaced the shower cartridge and now it drips worse than before. When the old unit was out I turned on the water to flush out the core. This always works for me. I've done about 6 of these sucessfully Could the core be bad? I tried 2 new cartridges and they both leaked Any tricks out there? Thanks

Reply to
Joe

I recently installed some Moen shower valves in our new house. They're all the pressure balancing type, and while none of them dripped, I did have one that produced very low water flow.

I turned off the water, pulled the cartridge, and didn't see anything wrong with it. So, I disassembled the cartridge, put a light coat of silicone plumbers lubricant on everything, then put everything back together. Everything worked fine after that.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband