moen replacement cartridge choice

I am replacing my bathtub faucet cartridge, which is made by Moen. I am not sure the original part number, but the Moen website has a handy lookup menu, which got me close... The cartridge is either part number

1200 or 1225. I can't narrow it down further than that without pulling out the old one.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two parts? Are they totally interchangeable? I just want to be sure when I purchase my new one, it's correct.

By the way, amazon.com actually has good prices on these!

Thanks!!

Reply to
dang.lien

I have Moen faucets in over 20 rental properties, and they all take the 1225 cartridge. I don't know where you shop for them, but Amazon wanted $15.99 for the original item, at least $4-5 more than Menards.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Call Moen and they will tell which one you need and send it free of charge.

cm

CM

I just called Moen and they told me the 1225 and 1200 are interchangeable, but the 1225 is newer and made of a polymer plastic that resists corrosion.

Also, they do ship for free and free replacement if under warranty! This is important, because many people assume a warranty is expired or forget they are covered under the manuf. warranty.

So, call Moen is the best advice. I am getting both cartridges replaced for free, and paying for expedited shipping plus the cart removal tool only cost $27 total.

Thanks!

Reply to
dang.lien