Moen Pivot Retainer Fix Help

I have the One Touch Model 87540CSD Kitchen Faucet. I noticed a month ago when I pressed the handle, it seemed loose. Well yesterday the entire plastic Pivot Retainer broke and was all rotted out. I ordered a new Retainer from Moen. There was a lot of melted plastic left in edges that I was able to clean out with a Flat Head Screwdriver & a Hammer. My question is when I get the part, what is the proper way to install the Pivot Retainer. Also, did I need to replace the Cartridge as well or any other part for that matter ? Thanks in advance. I'm not a Handy Andy if you catch my drift. :)
Dino wrote:

Don't believe the Moen ads that their fixtures will outlast the house. Maybe you should do the whole thing. In my 30 year old house, I've replaced the kitchen faucet twice and four in the powder rooms/baths. It is not a hard job but while you are at it, may wish to replace drain traps and shut off valves. With my arthritis, I now use plumber.
Cartridge replacement is easy. You remove retainer pin and pull out old one. May take some twisting. Cartridges can last a long time as I still have originals in shower and bath. You do not need a plumber for this.
Frank
I already ordered the Pivot Retainer from Moen. I'll give it a try & see how it lasts. If it doesn't work, I think I'll take your advice & replace the entire Faucet. Thanks. Frank wrote:

Dino wrote:

Moen fixtures are readily available at all local suppliers. I had an experience last month in ordering some Aquapure water filters on the internet since local supplier was out. Don't have url available on this machine, but filters came the next day - faster than you can get a plumber - and a lot cheaper than the manufacturer wanted. Frank
I ordered it on Saturday from Moen. It shipped today (Tuesday). Not the fastest but... I can't understand why Home Depot or Lowes do not sell parts. I just hope it all works when I install it. :)
Frank wrote:

Dino wrote:

Dino, Now on my persona pc. This is url of internet plumbing supplier specific to Moen: http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?ids&mfg=Moen&cat=Moen+Bathroom+Accessories When I ordered the filters, they paid postage but there was few $ handling charge. Frank
Thanks for the Link to the Website. Unfortunaltely they did not have the Moen Pivot Retainer. I should get my part from Moen tomorrow (Thursday), so I'll post how it worked out for me. Thanks for all the help. I'll keep the needplumbingsupplies website bookmarked for the future.

Just to let you know. I got home & Moen had delivered the part. I installed it in 2 minutes. Works like a Charm. No Leaks. Life is good this week. :) Thanks to all of you who replied & helped. Dino wrote: