Moen kitchen faucet model 87801

I was just given this faucet, new in the box, looks like a nice unit. It is probably 20 years old. The instruction/parts sheet that came with it indicates that there is a sister model that comes with a side spray unit. Mine does not have this feature. Studying the parts sheet, it would appear that all I would need to purchase is a hose nipple and replace the threaded sealed end under tha tap, buy a side spray unit and away I go.

Is it this simple or are there other internal differences which make this impossible.

Bottom line is that my wife would like a side spray unit and I am determined to use the free faucet.

Any input?

Reply to
Ray

There needs to be a "diverter valve" inside the base of the spout for the spray wand to work. I bet it's missing. Check Moen's web site or ask at a plumbing supply house; it should be possible to do what you want.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim