Moen Faucet water just stopped

I have a Moen Kitchen Faucet (I think Colonnade #INS112). I was running water yesterday when all of a sudden the water just stopped. I checked the water throughout the house. Everything worked except the faucet. Something is obviously wrong with the faucet. I think there is a screw up, underneath to get at the faucet and I just don't have the wrench to get to it. Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem with Moen? Should I just get a plumber? And should I buy a replacement faucet, just in case the plumber says I need a new one, so I can let him replace it?
Thanks
where to even start with this one.
just call the plumber.
randy

Check the strainer at the end of the faucet. They fill with crud. Plumbing supply house will probably have replacement. That's easier than cleaning. TB
Most Moen stuff (built after the mid 90's) is guaranteed for "life". Actually so is Delta. If it is the Cartridge, you can remove it, and if it is something your local HomeDept carries, they will usually give you a new one in exchange free of charge. Otherwise, like Doug mentioned, Moen will usually ship you a new one for free if it is the cartridge which is defective.
Is it a single handle faucet, or 2 separate (one cold and one hot) ? If it is a single, it is usually the cartridge (or just the set screw has come loose on the handle maybe ?:) ). 2 handle style, and both (hot and cold) don't work, then I'd say it is some gunk stuck in the front filter mesh. Time to open up and clean it.
Good Luck. -Tony

flow.

Begin by calling Moen. They're unbelievably helpful, and if they think you have a defective cartridge*, they'll probably send you a new one for free.
*In a Moen faucet, the cartridge is the thing that controls the water flow. You can buy them at any Moen dealer, but speak to Moen first.
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm also having trouble with our Moen kitchen faucet. It's a single-handle one with a pull out wand that can be switch to spray or single stream. However, a few months ago, after perhaps 5 years of service, it has come to like the spray. That is, it is on spray from the start when turned on, and it's nearly impossible to get it switched to single stream.
Is this also a cartridge issue?
TIA
Ed

Could be. One thing to look for, internally, is a buildup of minerals, even if you theoretically have soft water. A cheap and easy remedy is to buy a gallon of white vinegar, heat it up in a big pot (but not hot enough to melt plastic parts), soak the parts, and scrub with a toothbrush.
Had a similar problem with mine. I also have the Moen large single handle. After removing the rubber cover over the flip/flop switch to control the stream/spray, I noticed it had a bid of crud (mineral deposits). I took a dropper, and put about 3 or 4 drops of CLR (vinegar will work quite well also as someone mentioned), and then played with the switch a bit to loossen it, and rinsed it. Then put the rubber back, and it worked like a charm.
Good Luck...

thanks! I'll give it a try.
Ed

handle.
the
took a

well
loossen
charm.
I'll see how far I can go in taking it apart w/o getting under the sink.
Thanks.
Ed

minerals, even

buy a

to melt

You should be able to get pretty much all the moving parts out. You might want to plug the drain when you're working. There are demons in that pipe which eat small parts. :-)