MOEN cartridge or another?

My Moen shower head is terribly leaking! I have replaced this cartridge (I count) over 4 times in the past two years' time. My home was built in 1983 and is plumbed with well water. Is this problem simply a MOEN problem or should I credit the continual supply of calcuim and many minerals (and fine sand granuals) in my water? Thanks for ideas and feedback.

~Charles in the Texas panhandle (I am feeding off the Canadian river, which runs less than 1 mile from my home locale.)

Reply to
DUTCHMAN-101

I've never had this problem with my Moen cartridges and don't recall ever changing the one in the shower in house over 30 years old. I did change the one in the bath last year. I have had to change practically all the Moen fixtures themselves on 5 sinks because of leaks and corrosion in other than the cartridge area.

But, besides this, if you have sediment from well water, as I do, you should have a whole house filter.

Reply to
Frank