Moen 82470 no cold water pressure

I recently installed the model Moen 82470 in my bathroom. I had to switch from a 3 control valve to a one control valve. I did all the soldering myself and everything works fine...well almost. I have no cold water pressure. I mean almost none. There is only a trickle of water that comes out.
I've taken it apart and tested the cold water line for pressure without the valve, and when I put the valve on I have no cold water pressure. This is the second one I tried installing thinking that the first one I purchased was defective.
Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can anybody point me in the right direction to look?
Thank you,
Ben
You mention solder.
Are you protecting the unit from heat as per installation instructions?
I was able to get a free cartridge from Moen by calling them - check their website.
Do you have a shut off for the cold before the valve?
Is it working - that is will water flow out the valve with the cartrige removed?
Make sure that the cartrige moves freely within the valve. It may be stuck.
Ben wrote:

Ben wrote:

is it an anti-scald valve? if so, are both hot and cold on and is the temperature setting properly set?

I had a similar problem with a Moen single handle faucet. Try swapping the feed lines going in where you can undo them with a wrench. Move the cold water supply to the hot side of the faucet and the hot supply to the cold side. When I did this, the problem stayed on the same side of the faucet. That is now the cold water came out fine and the hot was flow was poor. This verifies a bad casting in the faucet. A call to Moen explaining what I did got me a new replacement.
Charlie