modifying cafe door swing

I have an area where I want to put a cafe door. As most of you know, the standard hinges for those are pivot hinges...pins in the top and bottom of the hinge stile fit into holes in "L" shaped jamb brackets. I like the ones where the bottom hinges have a shaped plastic part that lets the door ride up and then drop down when it is open to the max, thus keeping it in that position until someone closes it. Addiionally, it allows adjustment when doors are closed so that they can be aligned. Like this... http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinges/DOOR+HINGES/Pivot+Hinges+-+Pivot+Sets/Cafe+Door+Pivot+Hinges/Cafe+Door+Pivots
All in all, they are nice hinges. Problem is, they only allow a 180 degree swing of the doors and I need 270 degrees.
The only way I can think of to accomplish what I want is to mount the pivot hinges on a hinged piece of wood which is positioned as a casing would be; i.e., offset from the jamb. For hinges, I would probably use these cabinet hinges because they are self closing and fasten solidly... http://woodworker.com/fullpres.asp?PARTNUM 1-599&LARGEVIEW=ON
The idea is that the cafe hinges would function in the normal manner but - when opening toward the 270 degree side - continued pushing would activate the cabinet hinges allowing continued swing. The only bad thing about this scenario is that even though the door would be held in position at the cafe door hinge position, the cabinet hinge is still free to swing closed. I don't see that as a huge problem as the cabinet hinges are fairly stiff and aren't self closing until they are nearly closed. Thoughts?
I do know that there are offset pivot hinges that allow 270 degrees but they don't have the "stay open" and alignment feature of those I favor. At least, I haven't found any that do.
What I'm looking for from you folks is input relative to the efficacy of my plan and/or other solutions.
Thanks
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 7:22:09 AM UTC-8, dadiOH wrote:

http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinges/DOOR+HINGES/Pivot+Hinges+-+Pivot+Sets/Cafe+Door+Pivot+Hinges/Cafe+Door+Pivots
Would this work?
https://www.google.com/search?num &hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw66&bihb5&q=double+hinge&oq=double+hinge&gs_l=img.12..0l3j0i24l7.3973.7038.0.9752.12.12.0.0.0.0.133.984.9j3.12.0.cpsugrpq2high..0.0...1.1.8Pe9OkV1oFc
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?num &hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw66&bihb5&q=double+hinge&oq=double+hinge&gs_l=img.12..0l3j0i24l7.3973.7038.0.9752.12.12.0.0.0.0.133.984.9j3.12.0.cpsugrpq2high..0.0...1.1.8Pe9OkV1oFc
Sure but it wouldn't provide the desired, integral stop of the cafe hinge. Thanks, though.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
"dadiOH" wrote:

http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinges/DOOR+HINGES/Pivot+Hinges+-+Pivot+Sets/Cafe+Door+Pivot+Hinges/Cafe+Door+Pivots
------------------------------------------------------------------ I used this hinge almost 40 years ago when I finished a basement.
When they work, the work; however,keeping the plastic cam on the bottom hinge fixed in the correct position is a total PITA.
The cam is held in position with one screw that keeps wanting to slip over time. Even Loctite didn't solve the problem.
Maybe time has brought change.
IMHO, the number of problems increases as the square of the number of devices req'd for the solution.
IOW, one hinge set = one problem, two hinge sets = four problems. (2^2=4).
YMMV
Lew