model number old Bolens snowblower

I just picked up an old Bolens Artic 75 snowblower on ebay for $50.

The model and serial number were on a decal that Bolens placed near the bottom of the blower so though the Bolens name is still visible- the numbers are long gone.

The motor is a Tecumseh H70 - is there any way of coming up with a model number that way? [I'm interested in case I need to buy some parts for it- right now it looks to be good for a couple years, after I pick up a new belt.]

I found a couple Bolens tractor forums online- I thought there used to be a 'vintage snowblower' forum. Can't seem to find it today. Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Work backwards...if you are able to find a belt that fits without a model number, maybe you can find all the model numbers that used that sized belt and then use other details to narrow it down from there.

Kinda like that database they use on Criminal Minds...

"Garcia, give me the names of all adopted males over 6 feet tall who lived in a house with 3 deaf females and also worked in a pizza shop from 1986 to 1989."

Reply to
DerbyDad03