Mobile roof repair

    Does anyone have experience sealing the roof of an older('68) mobile home? I think you can use some kind of sealant, or tar, but I'm not sure what product that would be. I would also need a little direction in the application of such a product. Thanks for any advice.
You may have the best luck using elastomeric paint. Apply one or more coats with a paint roller. I've sealed steel cargo containers and many other things. Least expensive thing to try with the best possibility of success.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

I see a lot of people in that situation do a "roof over" using aluminum pan roof. It has the advantage of insulating you from the sun and also stopping the leaks.

I think this is the stuff commonly used: http://www.arizonatec.com/tuff_roof_coating.htm
You might want to call the manufacturer for specific advice.
--
Roger Shoaf
Typically a five galon pail of silver roof coat from the big box hardware store. Some folks like the white stuff. Stir it with a long stick, because it settles out like paint. Spread it around with a cheap junk push broom. Broom gets wrapped in a bag and discarded after the seal.