Mobile roof repair

Does anyone have experience sealing the roof of an older('68) mobile home? I think you can use some kind of sealant, or tar, but I'm not sure what product that would be. I would also need a little direction in the application of such a product. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Ed Mc

You may have the best luck using elastomeric paint. Apply one or more coats with a paint roller. I've sealed steel cargo containers and many other things. Least expensive thing to try with the best possibility of success.

Reply to
DanG

I see a lot of people in that situation do a "roof over" using aluminum pan roof. It has the advantage of insulating you from the sun and also stopping the leaks.

Reply to
gfretwell

I think this is the stuff commonly used:

You might want to call the manufacturer for specific advice.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Typically a five galon pail of silver roof coat from the big box hardware store. Some folks like the white stuff. Stir it with a long stick, because it settles out like paint. Spread it around with a cheap junk push broom. Broom gets wrapped in a bag and discarded after the seal.

Wear clothes and shoes that can get dirty. Your "paint clothes". Plan on getting some on you and your shoes.

Often it's wise to hire a handyman to do the work for you. Often, a handyman with experience can do a faster, better job than a home owner doing it yourselfing.

Typically done on a warm, sunny day so the stuff dries and seals properly.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon