Mobile home window operator

Hope this is not OT here. I can't find a mobile home group that has a reasonable amount of activity.
Does anyone know of a good replacement for the awning window side mount operator? The only ones I can find are made of die-cast zinc and only last a short time before the gears strip, in spite of my being careful when opening and closing them. Does anyone make good steel or other sturdy metal operator? All I've found so far with Google are zinc. Nothing local.
TIA
--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.
Ken,
Sorry not to have a definitive answer but I suspect that a machine shop supplier would sell pinion (?) gears. Can you press off the stripped gear?
Dave M.

Not sure if you might find a "steel" one, but here is a toll free number to call and ask the company.
http://www.replacement-hardware.com/index.html
Mobile Home & RV Windows: ( this page )
http://www.replacement-hardware.com/windows/mobile_rv.htm
-- Oren
"I didnt say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."