Mobile home / trailer shift season?

Today (March 07, 2014) came home, and opened the main entry door. Would not close. I had to grind a lot of wood off the top jamb, and it's only barely back to abnormal. Had to move the knob lock strike about 1/4 inch.
Might be spring time? Global warming?
Well, at least I can close the door.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

A lot easier to just adjust one of the corner jacks on the trailer. Planing the door down makes gaps to let the cold in to freeze your pipes, or to let critters in. ( that IS one advantage of a trailer. It is easy to level and relevel when the frost heaves and settles - unlike a REAL house
On 3/7/2014 7:38 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

This 14 x 70 trailer is supported on a dozen or so stacks of cinder blocks with wood shims.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

What, no screw jacks?? A couple big short bolts with thick nuts welded to a plste allows over an inch of adjustment just by turning the bolt. Pretty common device in trailer parks (as uncommon as THEY are), around here. When you set up the trailer you ship it to "close" and then crank the screws to tweek it level. When (not if) it shifts, you just spin a couple of bolts and "robert is your mother's brother" If you run out od screw adjustment you add or remove a 3.4" shim, or switch a 1X6 for a 2X6 or vice versa. and fine adjust with the screw.
On 3/8/2014 11:04 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

For whatever reason, no screw jacks under this one. Stacks of cinder blocks, and wood shim. Set up that way when I moved in.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Is that 3.4" shim a special order item? ;-)
On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 15:21:59 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

It ws three quarters when I wrote it. Like 0,75 inches - like a 1X6

Then he can't get in or out.
On 3/7/2014 10:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I'd have to lock the door with hasp and padlock.
That, and get a big dog to guard my place while I'm gone.
Redneck improvement.
--
.
Christopher A. Young