Mobil 1 oil and generator

Page 2 of 2
Steve Barker wrote:

It's not a waste of money if you run a generator a lot and it doubles or triples the time between oil changes.
--
Van Chocstraw

I feel that the only real objective answer to that comes from scientific testing and that is generally only done by the manufacturer. No one else is likely to have tested various oils in that generator. That said, it seems like a pretty good idea to me. When cold it sure makes it easier to start than when using straight 30W.
Don Young
ok , asked my freind that sells honda generators. he said to run new gen at least 15 hours on conventional oil before useing synthetic. has something to do with the rings seating in properly.synthetic must be too slick for rings to break in properly.
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:46:34 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

    What does the owner's manual specify for oil?