mob robberies?

What happens when they start targeting family homes? Is your family & house safe from this kind of lawlessness? Better do a security audit now. Right now.
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/909497/396/Mob-robbers-hit-convenience - stores-in-St-Paul

My security audit begins with a loaded coach gun in the living room.
Paul
Chuck wrote:

I'll check all five of my strategically-placed pistols later this night.
Night before last, 3:00 a.m., I awoke to some crashing around down the hall. "Goddamn cat," I thought. Cat meowed; he was snuggled up next to me!
"Some sumbitch is trying to steal my couch out of the living room!" I concluded. Then I thought I'd just pretend to be asleep inasmuch as I don't like that couch very much. But then I thought "What if they try to take my mounted beaver on the hearth?"
I extended my arm and retrieved my Glock 10mm and slowly approached the door. Taking every precaution, I peeked.
It was my girlfriend pouring herself a glass of win. She had had several glasses at her apartment and discovered she had an urgent need!
So I didn't shoot her.
On 02/25/2011 03:17 PM, HeyBub wrote:

In a nearby town a man in his 80's heard someone breaking into his house through the back door. He called police and advised them he had a pistol. They told him to put the gun away the police were on their way. He shot the man through the door before he gained entry. The man was dead in the alley when the police got there. They haven't charged him with murder yet. It's been about four days since it happened. I hope the old man doesn't get charged but he probably will.

Maybe the police didn't want to get shot by the fellow. They're not going to know if that old man has enough wits about him in a stressful situation not to shoot them.
-C-

Just make sure it's not a Mexican.

If you don't, Obama's goons will.

Would that be called a "Mobbery"?
Iowna Uass wrote:

Reckon so.
I've heard reports today that these mobs are already hitting private residences.
I hope you folks are not counting on the cheap, pre-hung steel doors sold at big-box building supply stores. One good kick by a drunk, uncoordinated fool can split out the casement around the doorknob and deadbolt. Totally worthless for security.
Chuck wrote:

And some say that 30-round magazines should be outlawed.

Fortunately, ammo still comes in boxes of 100, neatly stacked. Magazines are cheap.

12ga shotguns.
Chuck wrote:

Technically, these "mob robberies" are really "mob thefts" (a robbery must involve force, or threat of force, against a human being - you can't "rob" a house or a store).
When they target a house, it's a burglary. Unless humans are at home and feel threatened - then it becomes a robbery.