Mixing gas and 2 cycle oil question...

Page 3 of 3
Red Green wrote:

Thats what I do. Accurate and easy to use. A big bottle lasts me a few years. The one I buy also has fuel stabilizer in it which is a good thing because todays gas formulations spoil quickly.

I use a one liter pop bottle to mix my gas. 1/2 liter is just enough to finish whatever yard work I need to do. I top up the trimmer tank with the remaining half. 1:50 of 1 liter is 1000\\50 equals 20 mls. I use a graduated plastic bottle from the Dollar Store to measure the 20 ml of 2 stroke oil. Works great.
benick wrote:

They sell 2 cycle oil now with built in measuring dispenser on the top of the container. You just remove the cap and squeeze the bottle until the dispenser is filled to your mix ratio. Then just pour it out into your 2 cycle 1 gallon gas can. Shake and use. Put the cap back on the gas can before you shake it.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ?

Accuracy is important.
Go to a motorcycle shop and buy a "Ratio Rite". Any shop that sells dirt bikes will have them in stock. It will measure oil for any ratio with any quantity of fuel.
http://www.motoworldracing.com/Ratio-Rite.html

I think that's one and two thirds jigger. Surely you have one of those.
You trying to start a race riot? That's Jigo-American, now. You walk up to a measuring glass and call it a jigger, it's likely to punch your lights out.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It has probably been already mentioned but...
Why not just buy the little '1 gal' bottles of oil to begin with, dump that into a 1 gal gas can and add 1 gal of gas. Too simple?? That's been my method for 30 years now...well sometimes I mix 2 gallons so that leaves me with the problem of how to figure out how to measure enough oil for 2 gallons...maybe if I dump _two_ '1 gal' oil thingies in a 2 gallon can?...Or if I buy the oil in '2 gal' doses?
Yes, sarcasm but then I would never have thought that such a simple process would take up a 46..well 47 post thread.
Harry K
Harry K