Mixet shower faucet cartridge made by Danco

The Mixet shower faucet cartridge 88200 made by Danco as MX-1 and sold mainly by Home Depot may not fit your faucet due to the threads of its bonnet assembly being different. You also may not be able to use your old bonnet assembly with the new cartridge since it is slightly larger than the bonnet opening.
petertpan had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Mixet-shower-faucet-cartridge-made-by-Danco-135173-.htm :
Molly Brown wrote:

------------------------------------- I bought a cartridge MX-1 (part# 88200HD-04) by Danco from Home Deport at Artesia California in summer 2009. I didn't succeed to replace it with the old one because the rusted handle on the old faucet can't be removed.
Would my new cartridge have the problem as you posted here? Where can I get a fitting cartridge if it is defected?
Thanks for any info.