Mixet shower faucet

I have a 40-year-old Mixet Shower Faucet with a temperature-control knob and a volume-control handle which have become very hard to turn.
How can identify what model of faucet I have so I buy the correct parts? What part(s) may need to be replaced?
gary wrote:

Spray teflon (PTFE) lubricant?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:23:25 PM UTC-7, gary wrote:

Post a picture of the stem or cartridge or turn-off the water and take the stem or cartridge to a plumbing parts supply store that also sells high end faucets etc.
Go to www.MixetFaucet.com and look for you valve using their diagrams. Then take the part # to a local parts house.