Mixer Tap

Hi,
Can anyone suggest Mixer Tap for me,
Basically, I am in a rented unit, so dont want to make any major changes or buy expensive equipment.
I have a Vanity with Two taps, one for cold and one for hot. I would like to use a single tap for this, so basically i want something to mix these by connecting to the taps and have a single tap, so i can get cold and hot together.
not able to find any in hardware shop, can anyone suggest?
thanks
Murali Komakula wrote:

This is what it sounds like you have http://www.plumbingsupply.com/vintagebasinfaucets.html
It may depend on the spacing between your single taps. If its a standard size and you have a middle hole you could just replace with a cheap new faucet.
You may have a situation where you only have 2 holes in your sink. If that is the case you may need to get more creative. If one of these would fit it may work http://www.plumbingsupply.com/lavfaucets3.html
Nothing exists, that I'm aware of, that will connect to your existing faucets to allow them to blend into one spout.

You might be able to find it in a downtown hardware store, or a hardware store in an old n'hood, if there are any left, that continue to sell things specifically for old buildings. I KNOW there are still many such places in NYC, but I don't know about any place else.
The building I lived in in college in the late 60's was probably from the 30's, or late 40's. (Does anyone know when 5200 Woodlawn Ave. in Chicago was built) maybe earlier than the 20's and it and thousands and thousands of such units are still in Chicago and still in good condition. I find it fairly hard to believe that most bathroom sinks have been changed.
The problem I had is that in this particular building, the hot water was almost scalding hot, so I wanted to mix it with cold, rather than mix in IN the sink.
The hardware store in Hyde Park had these things that did so and worked fine, chrome and adjustable as to width, with rubber seals to go around the faucets where they entered. But it was expected by the design that the taps be parallel. Since mine weren't, they toed in, it kept falling off. The original two faucets were still there. This was just a mixer, which is what you want, if I understood you correctly.
So I just turned each of them a little, without using a basin wrench, and without loosening the nut under the sink. (This meant that without the mixer, the faucet wouldn't extend quite as far into the sink, but that didn't bother me then.) Everything was fine for a couple weeks or a month, when the line started leaking under the sink. It's an interesting story how I kept damage from occurring, but it would have been worse if I hadn't been home when it started.