Miter saw laser Q?

A power tool question?

I have a B&D Firestorm 10" Miter saw with a laser guide. After years of use the laser became out of alignment. The manual instructs how to adjust it both vertically and horizontally as well as for convergence. However, the adjustments didn't cut it (no pun intended). I took the laser cover off and found that the brass laser thingy which was glued in was loose. Apparently the glue dried, cracked and fell out. OK - must be a simple fix so I used Goop glue to glue it back in its cylindrical slot and let it dry. Now the problem is I cannot get the beam(s) to converge let alone align.

Just wondering if any one else has run into this issue before and if so, how was it resolved? Eventually I might have to bring it to the B&D repair shop but I'm afraid of what that might cost.

Ideas, suggestions? Thanks all.

Reply to
r.mariotti

Check Rockler. I bought a laser for my miter saw from them. Mounts under bolt that holds saw blade. Always in alignment. Automatic turn on when brade is turning.. WW

Reply to
WW

If you have to take it back off, that goop is pretty strong the longer it sets up. If the laser has built in splitter, it might have moved.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Which one did you buy?

The Infiniter=AE RS-1 got much better reviews than the Irwin

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You could get one of the centrifugal hub lasers. They replace the outer washer and should work on any saw.

Reply to
krw