missing washing machine lid, need to bypass lock mechanism!

The subject says it all. I have a fisher and payekl smartdrive 5.5 top loader thingo. I lost the lid when i picked it up from where I bought it from and the lid blew off when i delivered home.
So! I have tried everything - there is literally no hole where the lid closes that forces a switch... ive tried magnets, thinking it may be some kind of magnetic mechanism, but still no luck. Any other ideas? Maybe my magnet isn't strong enough, but hard disk magnets are pretty strong!
missing washing machine lid, need to bypass lock mechanism!
On 4 Dec 2004 04:00:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@infinitem.com (Ben) wrote:

Order a new lid from a dealer. You need it.
BB

The lid blew off......
yeah, right......
On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:16:43 GMT, "Red Neckerson"

Actually quite possible, since the lid on the Fisher & Paykel is designed to lift off for easy cleaning. Just raise it and give it a little vertical tug, and it will come right off.
BB

True. Just that most of them come boxed, though he could have bought a "floor sample".....
He means the lid broke and fell off as he was STEALING it and is scared to order a new one as that could lead the police to him. Dont worry we will from your IP
Ummm... ever heard of people buying second hand goods not from a store? Well, this is one of those cases.
Anyway I think I know what the problem is - I think it has a load balancing sensor - when moving the washing machine around, it would start for a bit... I'll put some clothes in it and see what happens.
On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:27:27 GMT, "Red Neckerson"

Something is a little off, anyway. The Fisher Paykel MUST be transported on a special set of supports to avoid serious damage. When you buy it, they make a big deal about telling you to keep the supports in case you ever need to move it.
BB
Why not get a lid ???? instead of SOAP SUDS everywhere . Answer It Is HOT as in stolen, that model is new, not used or old
Yep you're right, I confess, it was stolen.. sheesh.
Anyway I got it going. The lock mechanism was a magnetised one. I Just needed to place the magnet in the right place and it started. I'm using a server case as my lid at the moment.