Missing mouse trap

A mouse trap turned up missing a few days ago from a kitchen counter. I'm guessing a mouse's tail got caught in the trap and it's dragging it around. Oddly, no noises at night. No sign of the mouse where I've looked in the kitchen. Wonder how long this will last before I smell a dead mouse?

Reply to
KenK

My guess is it is under the fridge, maybe up in the drip pan.

Reply to
gfretwell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nope. Just looked. There's a decorative grill under the front door which blocks access to the underside. The sides of the alcove the fridge in in are too close to fit the trap, unless the mouse managed to get it on edge.

Reply to
KenK

Oren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Already looked there, but not very carefully. Will try again. It wouldn't be easy for it to get into with that heavy trap - probably weighs more that the mouse does.

Reply to
KenK

i thought i had another one of those in my car again a few weeks ago. luckily i found it before it got to someplace i couldn't get to it.

i also think i know where the nest is at, but i haven't yet pulled the tools out to get at it.

lil buggers...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Ken,

Your wife saw it on the counter and put it away.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

When I put a glue trap in the garage, a pregnant mouse got caught on the edge. She had babies on the glue, then chewed her feet off and got away.

I know it's a gross story.

Reply to
cowabunga dude

Now you have an opportunity to make a lot of money. Develop a GPS tracking device to attach to the traps. Like the Lo Jack, only smaller. Mo-Jack and the larger Rat-Jack

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It could be you also have rats. Rats eat dead mice and can drag that trap a long distance.

Reply to
Paintedcow

Give it a few weeks and your nose will tell you!

Reply to
Art Todesco

I've had a dead mouse I didn't know about and it didn't smell at all. At least my nose didn't smell it.

Reply to
Micky

Oren wrote in news:jqhaobtpaid1lvvhr0ogefsuc659isrfqd@

4ax.com:

I was just about to post that. Thought of it this morning.

Reply to
KenK

Frank wrote in news:nm3n4c$jml$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I'm feeling bad about this missing trap too. However, the live traps I've tried almost never catch anything. I don't like the idea of using poison. Maybe back to the spring trap but weight or fasten it down?

Reply to
KenK

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Ed, that was in the back of my mind too. You gave good names. We could expand this into rap music for the hood...

Reply to
Tekkie®