Misleading/deceptive description: "Prefinished Boards"

"Prefinished Boards" the sign said, but what they really were was particle board (not even MDF) with an imitation-wood plastic wrap around 3 1/2 sides.
However, in another bay, the "Prefinished" oak was real oak.
Perce
On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:52:57 PM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wr ote:

What is "misleading/deceptive" about the description? Based on the following definitions, it sure sounds like they were "Prefinished Boards"
From: https://www.google.com/search?q=board&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
board bôrd/noun noun: board; plural noun: boards
1. a long, thin, flat piece of wood or other hard material, used for floors or other building purposes.
From: http://www.dictionaryofconstruction.com/definition/prefinished.html
prefinished Definition
Products with a finish coating of paint, stain, vinyl, or other material applied before they are taken to the job site.
On 12/19/2015 02:00 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

And individual items of this ilk labeled as "prefinished maple" or "prefinished cherry" whose only connection with the named wood is their resemblance?
Perce
On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 3:04:08 PM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wro te:

You said they were labeled as "prefinished boards". Why are you now bringin g up specific types of prefinished wood?
What exactly are you complaining about?
On 12/19/2015 06:34 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

"Prefinished Boards" is the "banner" above the bay in which those specific examples are displayed. Even if those items can legitimately be classed as "Prefinished Boards," it strikes me as illegitimate to call particle board covered with an imitation-maple plastic film "Prefinished maple."
Perce
On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 21:14:44 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Maybe it shoudl have been pre-maple finished.
On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 9:14:22 PM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wro te:

I guess you were expecting us to be seeing the display through your eyes so that we knew that you talking about a "broad category" with specific sub-categories belo w that. Your OP certainly didn't make that very clear.
What store did you see these display at?
On 12/20/2015 01:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Menards (Wisconsin-based chain)
Perce
On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 3:04:45 PM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wrote :

I'd agree if it says prefinished maple and it's really composite board with a plastic imitation maple look, then it's misleading. How obvious was it in the product label that it was actually imitation? IMO it should really be called "prefinished maple look boards"