Minor Ceiling Problem

Hi,

It's time to redecorate the kitchen, and I'm looking with a critical eye at where water came through the ceiling last year. It's causes a small sag in the ceiling about 12" x 2".

I've pic a picture here :-

What's the easiest least hassle way to cure this ?

Rich

Reply to
Rich

When the water leaked, it found the seam in the sheetrock, and detached the bedding tape from the rock. Just cut away the sagging parts with a razor, re-nail the sheetrock to the rafter, if necessary, and get some taping repair fabric and mud it in, using several layers of plaster mix, letting it dry overnight and light sanding between coats. Finally, texture and prime it and your ready to paint. Make sure whatever leaked is fixed, first.

Reply to
Roger

I bet the problem extends beyond the tape. The wallboard beyond the joist could also be damaged. Only way to findout is to open it up. At least it is not a huge area.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John