Minor Ceiling Problem

Hi,
It's time to redecorate the kitchen, and I'm looking with a critical eye at where water came through the ceiling last year. It's causes a small sag in the ceiling about 12" x 2".
I've pic a picture here :-
http://www.btinternet.com/~richdavies99/ceiling.jpg
What's the easiest least hassle way to cure this ?
Rich
When the water leaked, it found the seam in the sheetrock, and detached the bedding tape from the rock. Just cut away the sagging parts with a razor, re-nail the sheetrock to the rafter, if necessary, and get some taping repair fabric and mud it in, using several layers of plaster mix, letting it dry overnight and light sanding between coats. Finally, texture and prime it and your ready to paint. Make sure whatever leaked is fixed, first.

That texture is going to be difficult to match. I would save that first layer of paper with the texture on it and glue it back in place after the drywall is repaired. Send a pic when you are done
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 04:50:09 +0000, Roger wrote:

I bet the problem extends beyond the tape. The wallboard beyond the joist could also be damaged. Only way to findout is to open it up. At least it is not a huge area.