minimum door height

What is the minimum height code requirement for door height. I am making a bathroom and a closet in the basement. Both doors need to trimmed about

2" from the standard 80" door. Will that violate code?

Thanks.

YJ

Reply to
Yi Jin

snipped-for-privacy@wam.umd.edu (Yi Jin) wrote in news:c2091l$ snipped-for-privacy@rac1.wam.umd.edu:

Best to call your local building inspector. Codes can vary from town to town.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Per international residential building code adopted by most states, the main exit door must be 80 inches tall and other exit doors need not be, so I only guess that interior doors sure can be 78 inches. A basement ceiling must be

7 feet except for special beams that can take another 6 inches. I strongly suspect you're OK, but call the inspector to be sure.