Minimum distance off floor for thru-wall AC

What is the minimum distance off the floor (and off the ground) that a through-the-wall air conditioner can be installed? This 8,000 btu a/c is going under a window, and I have only about two feet of wall space between the floor and the bottom of the window. Is this enough? Thanks. T-L

It can work, but the higher the better. Worst case scenario is a fan on the floor to give the cold air a boost.
If this is a first floor, you also have to think about what's on the OTHER side of the wall - a sleeve AC mounted near grade my have the airflow to the condenser coil obstructed by vegetation, or may admit water if snow drifting against it melts due to warn air infiltrating out withing the sleeve and then ice dams, forcing melted water to flow back between the AC and the sleeve and into the the wall cavity or interior of the structure.
Michael Thomas Paragon Home Inspection, LCC Chicago IL mdtATparagoninspectsDOTcom 847-475-5668
On 21 Jul 2006 10:43:58 -0700, "MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC"

Although almost all those non-room ACs, the ones built in to the heating system, have grass or something growing around them. I just remember to trim it.

That I don't face.

For my Friedrich through the wall unit, the minimum is 3.5". Look at the link to see a measured diagram. http://www.friedrich.com/pdf/WallMaster_Thru_the_Wall_Installation_WSC_Sleeve.pdf
This should apply to any TTW unit, but check out your unit's manufacturer's instructions/Website just to be sure.
My upstairs PTAC is sitting about 3" off the floor that's all the room there was, the top is against the bottom of the window frame (2 X 4). that's a little lower than recommended, there was a sub-base ~ 3 1/2" that was supposed to go under the front of it, but there just wasn't room enough so it is still in the box (anyone want it?) It works fine like that, PTACs blow upward @ ~ 45 degree angle anyhow.