Mini-split

Hi,
Got a tiny concrete cottage about 700 square feet. Been thinking about adding a mini-split heat pump. This is a rental property for poor people.
What has been your experience? What brand names are good? Advice?
On Sun, 15 May 2016 10:54:45 +0000 (UTC), sam

I have 2 of them. They work well but the fact that they use a remote control might be troubling in a rental. Expect them to get lost. I would switch mine to a wall mounted thermostat in a heartbeat if there was an easy way to do it.

can't you wall mount the remote in some fashion?
On Sun, 15 May 2016 08:13:32 -0700, Taxed and Spent

They give you a bracket to hang it on the wall but you can't make it stay there. It has to come out to change the batteries and that means it can be taken out and lost. I don't know why people think they need the remote with them but I find them scattered around. I still do not understand this "remote" madness but everything seems to have a remote these days.
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 12:00:45 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Perhaps this might help...
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
A renter might try to remove the cable for a TV remote, but for a piece of HVAC equipment they wouldn't really need to tamper with it. It's worth a shot.
On Sun, 15 May 2016 11:23:30 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

It would be a lot easier if they would just let you put a thermostat on the wall and get rid of the remote altogether.
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 11:52:01 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride. ;-)
On 5/15/2016 6:54 AM, sam wrote:

You might find it cheaper to get one or two Walmart window AC. Renters can be hell on fixtures.
--
.
Christopher A. Young