Mini scaffolding handy?

Anyone have one of these mini scaffolds? And is it worth buying one for general household use?
http://www.scaffold-sales-online.com/workman_mini_Scaffold.html

Yes, and yes -- and you should be able to find one at a local building materials store for less than that web site is charging.
I bought one about two years ago, and it's immensely useful for all manner of household tasks, pretty much anything that requires you to go two or three steps up a ladder. For instance, when painting a room, your left-to-right reach is about three times what you can get from a ladder. That means less time climbing up and down. It's also *much* more comfortable to stand on a scaffold plank than on a ladder rung.
It gives you a much more stable platform for perching paint cans on than you can get with a stepladder.
You can have a lot more tools and materials within easy reach than you can on a stepladder.
And since it rolls, it makes a very convenient dolly for schlepping those tools and materials around -- five-gallon buckets of drywall mud, for example, or 25-pound cartons of drywall screws.
--
Regards,

OK thanks
Well I don't have ANY kind of ladder right now. If you owned ONLY this unit would it suffice for everything..... in a word take the place of a ladder period?
I'm on tight budget and ask cause I thought buying only this mini scaffold might be better choice than ladder and something else.

Pep Boys sells this same import item much cheaper.
Works great for household duty. Much easier to work on a platform than a ladder. Good for getting in and out of the boat on its trailer.

Hmmm..cant find it on Pep Boys web page!
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:25:54 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Not surprising. Pep Boys webpage shows only a small fraction of what is in the stores.
Yes, i have 3 of the ones lowes sells.
and yes it's worth the $99

On Jan 15, 12:12pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Mine is a Werner from Lowes. Cost $110 about five years ago. A real useful tool. Judge the quality of the unit by the weight. Heavier is better and good locking casters are absolutely vital. HTH
Joe

Does anyone make a STRONG but lighter aluminum model? same size and design and all?