Mini Reciprocating Saw

So I get an Ingersoll-Rand IR429 mini air reciprocating saw for a gift.
Does anyone have one of these and run it on a Porter-Cable pancake compressor? I'm concerned about the air requirements.
Once I try it, I don't think the place will take it back. Not a Borg item.

A quick google search says it needs 8 cfm. Your pancake compressor might be good for about 1/2 of that.
JK

Which means you can run it for a time, then you have to wait until the reserve builds up again. Expect no more than 50% run time with the compressor running 100% of the time.

Thanks. That's what I was seeing and why I asked. There is also 90 PSIG/Max spec on the tool itself.

You could get an extra tank to get a little more run time out of it, but saws like that are typically used in auto body work, where the supply of air is virtually limitless.
JK

I looked up CFM vs. SCFM vs. ACFM, etc. The conversion can be quite elaborate. Not just some multiplier thing. I just called Ingersoll-Rand today. They said NoF'nWay. It needs like an 80 gal tank.
Thanks for the replies all.