Mimimag Maintenance

I've got a couple mini mags. Use one (with the LED conversion from www.opalec.com ) all the time. Others are for tool boxes, or over night bag for motel stays. The occasional use lights keep the filament bulb. Incidentally, if you look on Google, click Froogle, and then type "minimag LED" there are a bunch of conversion kits, including one or two which use the super power Luxeon bulbs. the LED kits start about $6, and the Luxeon is $30. My Opalec has been OK for most things, and I can't justify $30 when I have a 3D Garrity in the truck.
I was out of town for a couple days, and tried out the overnight bag minimag. It is dim. Came home and cleaned the threads from the tailcap (cotton swab and some spray oil). Now it's bright white, again.
Since the tailcap and tube are both aluminum, it finally occured to me to use a squirt of Noalox (aluminum antioxidant, or "that grey goop") on the threads. Will see in awhile if that helps keep the contacts clean.
What has anyone else tried? What works? What kind of light does anyone else like?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I bought a bunch of LED(multiple LED cluster) light at flea market in H.K. earlier this year. 1.50 each. I placed them everywhere in the house, out at cottage, cars. So far they are all working OK. Tony

Dielectric grease (used on automotive spark plugs and so forth) Drifter "I've been here, I've been there..."