Milwaukee sawzall stopped working

I have a sawzall 6509-22 and it worked great for a year...until I decided to use it to tackle a project in the dirt. I had to work on some sprinkler pipes and buried cast iron lines and used it for cutting. Being in south Florida soil is mostly sand, and last time I used it I had to lay the saw in an angle that had it sitting almost on the ground and it ended up sucking the sand off the ground into the housing. It thought I did major damage to it when sand blasted out of the housing on the other end but it kept on working without any problem for the rest of the day...
then two days later I tried to turn it on and it would not turn on. It is not power. I opened the housing and the motor is getting power. Any thoughts as to what I can do?
I got it off ebay for $50 so I have no manuals or warranty. It's probably easiest to just get another one and move on. Just wanted to post here in case there may be some obviously remedy I am not aware of.
Thanks in advance,
MC
MiamiCuse wrote:

Hi, Checked brushes?
I'd have suggested to open the cover, and blast it out with compressor and a blow gun. Might be some sand and dirt preventing the brushes from making good contact with the armature.
Harbor Freight has sawzall for $15 on sale on occasion, but it's probably poor quality. My former boss had a good one, that was counter weighted, so there was very little vibration. He really loved that. HF saw will probably make your teeth rattle, and your eyeballs rotate in thier sockets.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
MiamiCuse wrote:

The brushes in Milwaukee tools are usually very easy to remove and change. Did you Google a service manual? There may be extra brushes in the brush cartridges.
TDD