MILDEW: Take it off, keep it off!

Subject: MILDEW: Take it off, keep it off! Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 6:43 AM
Hi
Happy days are here again,,, I just wanted you to know that here in IA. that I saved an article about mildew and mold.
Also it won't hurt your plants, trees, etc. JOMAX Clean and kill mildew in one step. Kills mildew with a house cleaner that contains an EPA-registered mildewcid like JOMAX houses cleaner and mildew killer loosens dirt and stains without scrubbing or power washing. Unlike bleach alone, which can damage wood, etch aluminum siding and damage shrubs,plants and grass, JOMAX is formulated to kill mildew without damage.
.* prevent future growth. After killing the mildew, it prevents it form coming back with a paint formulated to block it's growth like PERNA-WHITE (trade mark) Mold & mildew-proof House & trim paint. its guaranteed to prevent the growth for 5 years. It's also guaranteed to resist cracking, fading, peeling, and blistering for 15 years from the DATE of Application.
JOMAX is sold in Paint stores and home centers or 732.469.8100
or go to www.zinsser.com
I haven't tried this just But I'm going out today to get some (sun finally is here)..
Ill let you know what happens OK.
Showerbeatle
--
MS. PMOD

Bleach is 99c a gallon and works great doesnt damage wood and doesnt etch aluminum if washed off. Junk max is expensive. Buy Paint from a Quality co like Ben Moore , P&L , or Sherwin Williams with products that have 20 yr and LIFE time warrantys not overpriced crap like Junk Max. You have mold issues, additives are in modern paint and can be purchased separatly. for additional protection. BTW advertising is not allowed ms. JUNKMAX
sir what about the plants next to the house wouldn't that kill them?
showerbeatle

Cover them
m Ransley wrote:

Bleach is standard treatment to remove mildew in prep for painting. I would for sure not get it on any ferrous metal, like a car. I used pretty strong soln on badly mildewed area, and just made sure to put plenty of plain water on the plants that got bleach. No harm done. I wouldn't get it on them in the hottest part of the day, or on really delicate plants.