Mildew ? Around Vinyl Bathtub

Our bathtub and tub wall are vinyl. Over time some some black colored s*** has accumulated around the top of the tube where it joins the wall. I thought it was mildew or even rotten caulk. How can I remove this? Ajax and Tilex wouldn't touch it. Thanks
On 28 Nov 2004 06:14:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (LRESA500) wrote:

I have a vinyl wall and used Scrub Free. Gone in 1 hour. 2 applications and let sit.