Miele Cannister Vacuum Has No Power

My Miele Canister Vacuum (S 251i Flamenco II) suddenly stopped functioning. There is no power at all. I looked both in the manual and online to see if there any reference to a fuse that has to be replaced. There was no mention of a fuse. I opened the cover and saw that the connections were intact (those that I could view). We really like this unit. Is it time to buy a new one or can this be rescued.
bassman wrote:

Hi, Usually motors have a thermal protector resettable pop type breaker. Some times it's imbedded inside motor winding or some times it's on the body of motor which is accessible. Imbedded type will reset when motor cools off itself, accessible ones you can push to reset. I wonder if your motor over heated by jamming or whatever reason. If you have a simple multi-meter, you can use it for trouble-shooting.
Bass,
Do you own a volt meter? Are you handy? It might need a new power cord or just a new plug. It might need new brushes in the motor. You could be plugged into a "bad" outlet. If you are not comfortable disassembling and testing then look into getting another vacuum cleaner. Pawn shops sell these and they are common at yard sales.
Dave M.
Use a voltmeter at the motor or any point inside, most likely its a bad cord or just the plug. I would bet on the plug.
bassman wrote:

An open conductor, a bad switch, a defective connector, worn motor brushes, open motor winding are all options that come to mind. A simple volt-ohmmeter properly applied would settle the matter in a few minutes.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]