Microwave Screwed up

Using the microwave today I heard a pop and it lost all power. Found the fuse had blown inside the microwave. I replaced it with a similer one that was the same amps it popped again. Is there a magic fix or is it DOA? Thanks Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Several things can cause your problem but when mine did this it was missing the microwave waveguide cover and moisture was getting into the tube. Here is a link that might help...

not....well they are cheap enough these days.....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

The minimum cost for service is getting rather close to the cost of a new unit with more power and more features. If more than a few years old, buy a new one.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi,

Make, model#, approx age?

When did it "pop"?? When the start button was pressed, after the microwave runs a few minutes, when the door was opened, when the door was closed??

Some tips...

Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid