Microwave Quit heating

my microwave Numbers Panel Light went out and I can see zero when it runs

[98% of the time. In the dark, I can see very faint numbers]

anything I can try to bring them back?

I really like this microwave. otherwise

marc

Reply to
marco

Disassemble the unit, unplug and replug the multi pin connectors.

.

[98% of the time. In the dark, I can see very faint numbers]

anything I can try to bring them back?

I really like this microwave. otherwise

marc

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

thanks Christopher

will give it a try

marc

Reply to
21blackswan
[snip]

It was the fuse that kept mine from working. Taking the cover off and looking saved money that time.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Very often, when displays go dark, there is a dirty pin or socket, on the multipin. I had a cell phone like that, one time.

.

thanks Christopher

will give it a try

marc

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Mine is also a GE model # JE1540WW 003 manufactured March 1998. It's not rusting bad yet but I see starting signs of it. Still works well but I don't know for how long and it's a built in with a metal trim piece around it.

I think I will start to look around soon so I don't have to rush and hopefully find the same size microwave while matching GE's white color. I don't know if a different brand uses the same white color as GE. If anyone else knows, please advise. Thanks.

Reply to
Doug

You're all correct, I have no idea why I typed magnetron but was thinking more along the lines of capacitor, yet even that's not always the case.

I'm just gonna keep my fingers to myself on this one and watch.

Reply to
Meanie