microwave plus on one cir

Mike:

M > My question: does the microwave (1,000 watts) have to be on its own circut,

Just to explain some numbers -- the _output_ of the microwave oven is

1000 watts; the draw (from the outlet) is a different figure. Should be found on the manufacturer's plate.

M > or can it still share the other outlet (which will run, at the most, your M > average-type coffeemaker as well as the electrical part of the gas stove M > (clock, timer))? Adding another wire in this wall would be a major PIA M > (very old house).

As the others indicated, the coffee pot + microwave or coffee pot + refrigerator would probably overload the circuit. The gas stove basicly is the clock and some electronics; occasionally the ignition sparks -- low current draw.

Here we have the microwave and refrigerator on the same outlet -- I would prefer to separate them.

  • Never host a pool party for your Incontinent Beer-Drinkers Support Group.
Reply to
barry martin