microwave plus on one cir

M > My question: does the microwave (1,000 watts) have to be on its own circut,
Just to explain some numbers -- the _output_ of the microwave oven is 1000 watts; the draw (from the outlet) is a different figure. Should be found on the manufacturer's plate.
M > or can it still share the other outlet (which will run, at the most, your M > average-type coffeemaker as well as the electrical part of the gas stove M > (clock, timer))? Adding another wire in this wall would be a major PIA M > (very old house).
As the others indicated, the coffee pot + microwave or coffee pot + refrigerator would probably overload the circuit. The gas stove basicly is the clock and some electronics; occasionally the ignition sparks -- low current draw.
Here we have the microwave and refrigerator on the same outlet -- I would prefer to separate them.
- » barry.martin■AT■thesafebbs.zeppole.com «
* Never host a pool party for your Incontinent Beer-Drinkers Support Group.
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971