Microwave ovens

Need some input. We are installing a micro hood oven over our range in place of a 36" range hood.The only two 36" micro hoods available are GE and Kenmore. Both units with interiors the same size as the 30" units.The cost of these units is almost $200 more than the 30"unit. Since no one has the units (sears hd best buy) on display I wonder if I am being charged $200 bucks for som black sheet metal.Any one out there had a look at the 36" units? If it's a sheet metal issue probably be better to build out opening to 30" Frank
have you searched the net for better prices?
Thanks for your input . Yes I did find some good prices on the net,but all about the same differential. If the 36" unit was more than sheet metal I would be inclined to go that way. Frank.

KTECH wrote:

    I would be surprised if they made a custom 36" unit. My guess is there is an adapter of sorts to fill in the additional 6", and that allows the unit to measure 36".
There should be a matching trim kit to fit a 30" microwave into a 36" opening. A quick search at lowes.com shows several for many brands in the $100 to $200 range, depending on finish/brand/style. The Whirlpool I just installed had a part number in the manual for the kit. Not sure of cost as I did not need it.