Microwave oven stopped

Page 2 of 2
On 12/26/2013 6:21 PM, novel wrote:

"no user serviceable fuse." I would like to be at your curbside when you put is out : )
You give up too easily.. The fuse may be in the secondary side of a line transformer.
On 12/26/2013 8:03 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

parts to go wrong, go wrong.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

My brother used the wrong shelf (that divides the chamber into two "floors" and he blew the fuse. It's amazing how simliar the correct shelf was to another one they owned.
After the fuse was replace, it worked fine.
I agree, GE may not tell the truth about the fuse. If they use tamperproof screws, they don't want people inside, and that would be reason enough not to put the fuse on the diagram the customer service guy has. Not that every MW has a fuse -- I don't know -- but I wouldn't rely on customer service.